Wednesday 14 August 2013

I'M GOING TO LONDON!!



London. The place of Royalty, Government, Big Ben, The London Eye and Tea. :-p

I'll tell you, I'm not going to London just for a little off the spot holiday, but to go to a special convention that is happening on the 17th and 18th of August. And that event is......

SUMMER IN THE CITY


Summer in the City is a reasonably well known event that has been running in London for the past few years now. Some people think of it as just a special gathering for people to meet their Youtube stars and some think of it as Britains version of Vidcon.
To me..... its a chance to visit London and shake the hands of people I respect.

Summer in the City runs several different events during it which include talks, open mic events, meet and greets and video screenings. All of which centre around Youtube. The event itself isn't run by Youtube, but Youtube enthusiasts who are trying to make it bigger than it ever has before.

I've been quite excited for this event since I found out about it through Becoming Youtube (which is an amazing series btw). I honestly don't know what I'm going to do at the event when I get there, but I know generally who I want to see.

For randoms sake, I'll list some:

Tomska - Thomas Ridgewell
ninebrassmonkeys - Benjamin Cook
OMFGitsJackandDean - Jack Howard and Dean (don't know last name)
FunnyCatVideos - Ciaran O'Brian (not because of his videos, but because he is involved in just about every British Youtube video in one way or another)

People like these make professional looking videos for a living on Youtube. They are people whom I look up to as they stand out from the people who make vlogs and other self-filmed stuff that is usually found on Youtube.

Unfortunately the ticket buying stage for Summer in the City is over and in hindsight I should have promoted it earlier to anyone who actually could have gone. But who knows, I may make a video on my little trip to London. I may not. But you know that I will blog about it afterwards!
.
.
.
BTW I won't be blogging for 12 days after this blog post because I won't have access to a computer while I'm in England.

But to tide you over, enjoy a couple of series that I believe to be quite good online. I'll list a few below for you to check out if you want.

Online Series recommendations:


Bite Me: http://www.youtube.com/show/biteme/videos
Description: Three Gamers. One Outbreak. No Continues. Follow three gamers as they find themselves in the midst of a real life zombie outbreak. Relying only on the knowledge and skills they have accrued over years of gaming, these guys will have to drop the controller and pick up anything that they can use as a weapon.

Casters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A_mCTRv5l0&list=PL93837B50594863AD
Description: 3 friends struggle to try and keep their audio podcast going with the increasing competition surrounding them. As doubts rise outside the group about whether or not this is worth the time, as well as drama affecting the Casters team, will they be able to rise above the rocks of boring internet content as a rare gem of quality?


Video Game Highschool: http://www.youtube.com/show/videogamehighschoolvghs
Description: A series about best friends, first loves, and landing that perfect headshot. No.1 Record breaker for a Kickstarter fan funded web series.


Thanks and I'll see you again soon :-D
.
.
.
.

RANDOM VIDEO TIME!! 


X2!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment