Tuesday 2 July 2013

THE Q-CON ADVENTURE!

YES, I HAVE BEEN TO Q-CON! AND IT WAS AWESOME!

As you may remember, I made an anime music video a while back to enter into this competition at the Q-con convention in Belfast after hearing about it through a friend.
Here is the video in case you didn't remember:


Q-AMV CONTEST! DID I WIN OR LOSE?


The bad news is that my AMV didn't win or even come as a runner up. The AMVs weren't shown due to a scheduling error so I wasn't able to see any more of the competition, which I was sad about because the quality I had seen so far was really good.
However, according to sources at the convention, this has happened for quite a few years now.
Same thing goes for not getting a confirmation email (which really worried me as I didn't even know if they had got my video even after I asked staff).

Now the results haven't been released on the website yet so I can't confirm this, but I remember the name of the winner. After some research, I think this is the video that won:



The guy who created this video seemed to have always entered rather light and comedic AMVs and truth be told, I did enjoy this video. 

Now you may think I would be upset about not winning. It is true I'm a bit sad that I didn't get it, but there was one thing that made the convention for me and that was someone praising my video :-).

While I was waiting for the closing ceromony to begin, I began to talking to these two girls outside the hall. During the conversation, I began talking about the competitions and how I entered the AMV one. One of the girls replied by saying that they had entered that as well. 

We talked away about what AMVs we had seen before the contest and she brought up which AMVs she thought should win.
She said that "Taiga Problems" (the one above) should win, and if not the Pieces AMV she saw with the anime "the Dissapearence of Haruhi Suzumiya." 
Now be aware that she didn't know what AMV was mine at that point and the fact she said she really liked and thought it should win if Taiga Problems made me jump for joy! (not literally, but still!).

That made the convention and the whole process of spending late nights making the video all worth it.

And its actually because of her I'm entering the videos into Arcadecon which is another convention happening in Dublin. Because of this that video will become unlisted for a while.

By the way, she herself has a Youtube channel where she posts AMVs like the one she entered for the contest. I suggest you check her out, the videos are absolutely brill!

Here is a link to her channel: TheRedCloudAMV

_______________________________________________________________

So yeah, I won't drone on about what happened at Q-CON, but I will briefly tell you what I did and enjoyed. 

There were cosplayers.... So many cosplayers..... And they were all awesome! I got some pictures of them and they were all just a lot of fun. Just pointing out the different characters people were dressed up as.

There were plenty of competitions varying from gaming, card games to board and war games. It actually re-kindled an old Yugioh interest and got to relive my childhood after duelling a couple people!

An incredible amount artwork, manga and all sorts of other merchandise and collectables littered hundreds of tables. I have to admit I bought a couple of artwork

This was also a brilliant place for a couple indie game developers to showcase their work and for a few premiers of new anime releases!

And all of these were just a few things I did. In all honestly, it was an incredible experience and if you ever get the chance, try going to it or at least a convention that is like it near you :-).

And if you are interested in the projects I'm doing, I'm working with some friends to try and get something out as soon as we can.

Thanks for reading!
.
.
.
.

RANDOM VIDEO TIME!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment