Friday 13 September 2013

Everything is a learning experience

A while ago I released a trailer for a 5 minuite short film I made called "What you deserve". IN the description I did say this was going to be the next thing I released.
Well guess what? I lied! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!


All jokes aside, I'm actually rather disappointed by it.

You see I have a code when it comes to uploading things to the internet. When I have made something, I take one final look at it and ask "Am I proud of this?" If the answer is no, then I scrap it. And this happened with "What You Deserve". 

Original What You Deserve was a college project and unfortunately I wasn't able to use my own personal equipment. Because of this, the overall production quality went down a lot and because of other restrictions it went down in quality in other places as well. 
The end product got full marks at college, but when I looked at it for another point of view. A view for publication on the internet, I just didn't like it.

I'll give you some idea of what it is about.

Agent Soloman gets a job for a man called Stephen Hollywell, a man who is rather high up in the business world. We follow Soloman as goes to complete his job and gives him What he Deserves! With the help of comedy relief character Jhonny.

The script was fairly solid, however its the execution that could have been done better. The stalking was rushed, the characters were likeable but quite undeveloped and the acting in some parts was atrocious.

However there is some things to learn from this experience. From it I was able to try out shooting a dialogue scene, shooting a scene in public, trying out my spider rig and being able to direct a team of people. It was also useful as I now know a guy who is my regular Assistant Director.

I guess the point to my rambling here is that even if you have projects that fail, you learn something from them. Its never a waste of time if you learn something.
.
.
.
.
RANDOM VIDEO TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment