Thursday 13 June 2013

THE PROFESSOR RETURNS!!

Hello friends and welcome back, bet you are surprised to see me huh? Thought this was just a one time thing? Well.....

(Superman Returns [2006])

I HAVE RETURNED!!

And I'll tell ya, I've been working my arse off!


For anyone who lives in the UK, you might have heard of this Anime and Gaming convention called Q-CON. Its an event that takes place every year somewhere in the city and has a variety of events, Q&As, tournaments and competitions. And it so happens one of these events is an editing contest!

Well to be more specific its an AMV contest, or more "originally" titled by the staff at Q-con:

Q-AMV

"AMV" stands for "Anime Music Video". Its a common practise for a lot of fans of anime. People can take their favourite anime, or a group of anime and mix it together to a song. Some people are extremely talented at it and come off with videos that are so well put together you are just sitting there drooling because of how awesome it is! 
(Homer of "The Simpsons")

Okay maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration  but the point still stands. But then there is a counterpoint. And that counterpoint is that the quality can vary. For every well crafted AMV, there is a poorly thrown together fuzzy mess on the other end.

But in any case! I initially started editing 2 days ago and I am in the middle of uploading the video as I am writing this. 
Now you may think that if I'm uploading the video now, then that is the end of this adventure. It was over before it began..... 

WRONG AGAIN!!!

In the rule section of this year's Q-AMV contest you can make multiple entries. And I intend to use this too my advantage.

I have come up with 2 ideas. One of which is still uploading.... And its taking a while too, its been like 7 HOURS!!
Anyway, I have finished the first AMV. I put a fair bit of effort into it, but its up to the judges and the audience to decide (which may be you if you want to watch it) on its level of quality.

Here is the problem though. It took me 2-3 days to put together the 5 min AMV that I am uploading now. Am I going to be able to submit the second one by midnight on the 14th? PROBABLY NOT!
But its a challenge I'm willing to accept.


The rules for the AMV contest are below if anyone is interested: 


It basically states you have to create a 1-5 minute music video where its main source material have to be on either anime or gaming. You also cannot allow swearing, excessive violence or indecent exposure be anywhere on the submitted videos.

With the target soon approaching, I must take my leave in order to adventure onto my goal. Will I make it in time? Who knows.... Find out next time on:

DIARY OF A FILM-MAKER!! 
(or blog of a film-maker or..... whatever)

RANDOM VIDEO TIME!!
Had to be something at least a bit relevant.




No comments:

Post a Comment